SAFETY: Otto Road Shooting Range is a cold range. Do not handle firearms unless directed to do so by designated Range Officers. There will be a designated area set aside for firearms and test firing. Firearms must be holstered of cased.
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded -- NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Do not let the muzzle of your firearm cover anything unless you intent to destroy it.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
- Be sure of your target and whats beyond it.
SAFETY VIOLATIONS (Rule 9.17, 9.17.1, 9.17.2): An accumulation of two (2) safety violations in a tournament requires automatic disqualification. Safety violations include, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Pointing an unloaded handgun up range
- Dropping of an unloaded handgun
- Leaving the firing area with a loaded handgun
- Moving on a course of fire in breach of regulation
Picking up a dropped handgun except under the direction of a tournament official any accidental discharge. This does not include rounds fired overtime but does not include discharges while loading or clearing a handgun.
DISQUALIFICATION VIOLATIONS: The commission of a disqualification violation in any match requires automatic disqualification.
- Disqualification violations will include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Pointing a loaded handgun up Range.
- Dropping of a loaded handgun.
- Any shot in the holster or into the ground less than six feet down range from the firing line into the air.
- The consumption of alcohol or drugs while competing in a match.
DISQUALIFIED FROM ENTIRE TOURNAMENT: A competitor disqualified under rules 9.17 and 9.17.1 shall be disqualified from the entire tournament and not merely from the sub match or stage in which the violation occurred. He/she shall be considered as having completed that tournament and shall be placed at the bottom of the list of finishing competitors for purposes of ranking.
Eye and ear protection is required. No one will be allowed on the range without glasses and ear protection.
All firearms will remain unloaded until a competitor is instructed to load by a Range Officer. After loading the gun the competitor will remain in a "hot" (loaded) condition until finishing that match. After firing the last string the shooter will unload and show the Range Officer that unloaded gun before re-holstering or casing/bagging.
Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages allowed on the range!!!!